Baker Hill Motor Sports LLC
17th Annual Cornfield 500 Challenger Car – 2017 Racing Rules & Entry
Please read all information provided, some rules and regulations have changed. Our goal is to have a good time, but keep it safe for drivers and spectators. If rules aren’t followed, you will be disqualified. Cars found to be illegal will not receive entry fee back. Cars need to comply with same rules as Stateline and Eriez.
- Pre-Registration: Friday, Sept 1st, Free Admission and parking. 12pm to 7pm - Displays, Vendors and live music with “CRUSH”, 6:30-10:30pm Campers must pay for camping + admission. Mega, 1 Ton Trucks, and Celebrity displays on Route 6, at many local sponsorship locations from 2-6.
- Saturday, Sept 2nd, Gates open at 10am, event starts at 12 Noon. (You must be registered by 11:30am, ready to race at 11:45am for 8/10 mile Road Course (No Jumps).
- Registration Fee for Saturday: $55 per car, additional car $40 w/same driver. Spectator and Gate fees: $15/Adult (21 and up), $10/Children 6-20 yrs., 5 and under are free (gate fee included for driver, and does not need pit pass, must also wear age definition wrist band).
- Sat. Sept. 2nd, ($5 per person discount for weekend pass on www.cornfield500.com website only).
- There will be a $10 all weekend pit pass wrist band available to pit spectators, and under 18 must be accompanied by an adult in the pits) (Note: people camping in pits must purchase and wear the pit/racer pass also).
- 3 lap Heats and 5 lap Features will be ran in all classes, 4, 6, or 8 cylinder depending on entrants. Features will have payouts to fifth place depending on entrants, and only 1st place trophies for features. No driver changes when event begins (Possible 2 lap Powder Puff depending on entrants after enduro both days).
- 15 lap Enduro for last race, same driver must have run the heat to run the enduro. Payouts will be: $1,000 first place, $200 second, & $100 third, $100 fourth, and $100 fifth. + trophy for 1st place only.
- Sunday, Sept. 3rd, 20 Lap “Hunt of a Lifetime Shoot Out” $1,000 payouts to 3rd with ($200) donated to HOAL will be run for all surviving stocks, Registration is $45 per car, same rules, gates open at 10am, event starts at 12 Noon. Spectator and Gate fees: $20/Adult (21 and up), $15/Children 6-20 yrs., 5 and under are free (gate fee included for driver, and does not need a pit pass but must have age definition wrist band).
- Driver must be 18 years or older.
- Driver must supply one person to score (rule for lap counting with digital clock).
- Two wheel drive vehicles only. Engine must be stock with no alterations.
- Drivers are not allowed to consume alcohol or be under the influence of drugs while participating in the racing events. No alcohol or glass in the pits, campers be aware of this during races. Pit rules posted.
- All lights, moldings, plastics, etc. must be removed. All mirrors and windows and glass must be removed completely. Windshield must be removed, and a reinforced screen must be in place to protect the driver. Driver side window net is also required.
- Roll cage is mandatory (At least a 4 point cage required, use proper materials, think safety).
- All racers must have a 4-point-type racing approved seatbelt, 2 shoulder straps and lap belt mandatory and worn by driver at all times. 5-point racing harness is recommended.
- Driver must wear a full-faced DOT approved helmet, and proper eye protection.
- Driver must wear long sleeves, pants, gloves, and proper shoes (No nylon, and fire suit is recommended).
- Doors, Trunks, Hood and Bumpers should be chained or welded.
- Non-flammable padding should be installed in the driver side door frame.
- 12” hole in center of hood, or hood pins for easy access of fire extinguisher (Disassemble hood latch, and install hood pins).
- Cars must have stock bumpers ONLY. No alteration or reinforcement of frame or body except for driver side door. (Bracing should be, back of front fender to front of back fender).
- Gas tank may remain in original position, with no leaks, or strapped in the trunk with at least four one-inch steel straps (no bungee cords, rope, etc.) If installing fuel tank in the trunk, the rear seat and shelf area must be enclosed with steel or aluminum to form a safe firewall.
- Batteries may be moved to passenger side floor area, but must be securely fastened.
- Tires for passenger vehicles only. No Studded, Racing, or Truck tires permitted.
- Driver must have fire extinguisher, and folding knife securely strapped for easy access.
- All cars must be numbered on both sides, and be at least 16” high, and clearly visible to officials, and on roof read from left side if possible (If duplicate numbers, an A, B, or C, will be assigned as needed).
- No profanity on cars. All cars must be removed after race day, or they will be crushed.
- Any Mega or 1 Ton Trucks wanting to race/perform talk to Scott Krznar or Ricky B. Wilson, ATV, UTV Racing or Rodeo questions, see Paul Morelli or Matt Sampson.
(Questions, please call (814) 664-9019)
f you plan to race ATV’s or UTV’s, please see our ATV Race Rules posted below. Please be safe, and ride at your own risk.
Rules for ATV’s & UTV’s:• Must have read, understood and signed Waiver.
• Must wear a DOT approved helmet, eye protection and no open toed shoes (required on track).
• Keep Registration Pass on Vehicle at all times while at event.
• No Alcohol or Drug use while operating ATV for safety of yourself & others.
• No one under 16 operating vehicle, unless accompanied by legal guardian.
• No more than 1 person on vehicle while on race track or performing in Rodeo or races.
• Obey ATV rules posted, for speed limits, areas and times announced for ATV events.
• ATVs will only be allowed at the Track Wash Station for vehicle mud removal and only during designated Happy Hour or Rodeo or Race times.
• Ride at your own Risk, be cautious, and watch for others.
• No riding on Rail Road Tracks, Mega Truck, MX, Jeep Jumps , or neighbor’s property.
• Break any of these rules and your pass will be revoked. Give us a hard time, you will be removed from property.
H.O.A.L. Mud Run
Safety and Rules at the 2017 Cornfield 500
The Mud Run is going to be a 50/50 race that requires a $5 race fee that will be split with the Winner and the Hunt of a Lifetime (HOAL) to raise funding. There is no set time, but it will be after the Mega Trucks perform in the front pits to stir up the mud, and will be announced several times before the start of the run so you can make it. This will be a run at your own risk. We will have one each day, on Saturday and Sunday if possible.
• No one under the age of 12 on adult run, a mini run for kids age 6-12 will be available if there are enough participants, at $2 fee, and that will be split with the winner, and HOAL also.
• Everyone participating must have signed the waiver, and will not hold the property owners liable for any accident that may occur.
• No bare feet, as there may be sharp objects in the mud. We strongly recommend tied shoes, as slip-ons will come off.
• Participants must not pull, kick, step on, or intentionally hurt another participant.
• If you feel injured or faint, please notify an official, and we have EMT’s available to examine you.
• The Property owners have the right to cancel or delay the run due to weather or situations beyond our control.
• No one is to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol that is a participant, for the safety of others.
This is a new event, so please have fun, be safe, and make suggestions.
2016 – Baker Hill Motor Sports LLC Property Rules and Regulations
During any events at Baker Hill Motor Sports LLC, you must abide by the following rules, or you will be asked to leave, or in some cases, the authorities could be contacted. This is private property.
• NO Professional Photographers, unless approved by Owners.
• NO ATV or Golf Carts allowed unless registered for property (see ATV rules on website or posted at ATV registration).
• Purchase your daily admission wristbands & wear at all times.
• You must purchase admission to be allowed to camp.
• Understand and Sign the admission waiver to be on the property (everyone, including entrants, staff, performers, and security must sign the waiver).
• Absolutely NO Underage Drinking, or other illegal activities on the property. Note: If you are underage and you get caught consuming or transporting alcohol on the property, the State Police will be notified, and they will deal with the situation.
• NO Fighting – If you are too intoxicated and/or cause problems, you will be escorted off the property.
• NO Smoking in the barn.
• NO one is allowed in restricted or VIP areas without the VIP wristbands, or Security.
• NO one under 18 is allowed in the pits, unless accompanied by a legal adult.
• NO alcohol in the pits
• Please NO glass on property.
• Performers/Drivers are not allowed to be intoxicated while racing.
• NO outside food in spectator area, food vendors available.
• B.Y.O.B. is Okay on Property, except pits during racing.
• NO Pets allowed, unless restrained at your own campsite.
• NO bare feet. Shoes must be worn for your own safety.
• All Children under the age of 18 must return to their campsite or leave the property at 10pm, or directly after the fireworks Sunday.
2017 - Baker Hill Motor Sports LLC
Property Rules and Regulations
During any events at Baker Hill Motor Sports LLC, you must abide by the following rules, or you will be asked to leave, or in some cases, the authorities could be contacted. This is Private Property.
- NO Professional Photographers, unless approved by Owners.
- NO ATV, UTV or Golf Carts allowed unless registered for property. See ATV rules on website or posted at ATV registration.
- Purchase your daily admission wristbands & wear at all times.
- You must purchase admission to be allowed to camp.
- Understand and Sign the admission waiver to be on the property (Everyone, including entrants, staff, performers, & security must sign the waiver, no exceptions).
- Absolutely NO Underage Drinking, or other illegal activities on the property. Note: If you are underage and you get caught consuming or transporting alcohol on the property, the State Police will be notified, and they will deal with the situation.
- NO Fighting – If you are too intoxicated and/or cause problems, you will be escorted off the property.
- NO Smoking in the barn.
- NO one is allowed in restricted or VIP areas without the VIP wristbands, or Security.
- NO one under 18 is allowed in the pits, unless accompanied by a legal adult, and must have a PIT PASS.
- NO Alcohol in the Pits & Please NO Glass on Property.
- Performers/Drivers are not allowed to be under the influence, while Performing or Racing.
- NO outside food in spectator area, food vendors available.
- B.Y.O.B. is Okay on Property, except pits during racing.
- NO Pets allowed, unless restrained at your own campsite.
- NO Nails or Glass items, in fire pits please, these are hay fields.
- NO bare feet. Shoes must be worn for your own safety.
- All Children under the age of 18 must return to their campsite or leave the property at 10pm, or directly after the fireworks.